The Princeton-Pennsylvania Accelerator Laboratory operated on Princeton’s Forrestal Campus from 1957 to 1971. It was designed and constructed under the leadership of Milton White and Frank Shoemaker. The PPA was a 3 billion electron volt proton sunchrotron. It was used by scientists from Princeton University, the University of Pennsylvania, and other institutions for particle research, specifically to research elementary particles and nuclear structure. The synchrotron studied properties of the particles π, K, along with other elementary physics particles. With the PPA, scientists investigated and researched nucleon behavior in the nuclei by looking at the interactions between mesons with complex nuclei and high energy protons.
Milton White "Princeton-Pennsylvania Accelerator Laboratory" Directory of Federal Research & Development Installations for the Year Ending June 30, 1969, National Science Foundation (U.S.) (1970). https://books.google.com/books?id=vusyAAAAMAAJ&lpg=PA121&d